Wednesday, October 14, 2020 –
The Fourth Luminous Mystery: The Transfiguration (Luke 9: 29, 35)
Christ becomes radiant with glory on Mt. Tabor
NB: Fulton Sheen’s Meditations on the Fifteen Mysteries of the Rosary was writing many, many years before Pope John Paul II issued the Luminous Mysteries. Therefore, we will not have Sheen’s meditations for this set.
For each bead (1-10) in the decade, meditate (think) on the list below:
- Jesus took Peter, James and John up a high mountain to pray.
- Jesus was transfigured before them.
- “His face became as dazzling as the sun, his clothes as radiant as light.”
- This was to fortify their faith to withstand the coming tragedy of the Passion.
- Jesus foresaw the ‘scandal of the cross,’ and prepared them for it by this manifestation of His glory.
- Moses and Elias (representing the Law and the prophets of the Old Testament) were conversing with Jesus about His Passion.
- “Do not think I have come to destroy the Law or the Prophets… but to fulfill them.”
- From a cloud came a voice: “This is my beloved Son, listen to Him.”
- Jesus admonishes them not to tell the vision to anyone until the Son of Man rises from the dead.
- We too will behold the transfigured Jesus on the Last Day.
Spiritual Fruit of the Mystery: Spiritual Courage / Desire for Holiness
Refuge of sinners, pray for us!
NOTE: These meditations are a compilation of several different sources that I have found helpful over the years:
- Meditations on the Fifteen Mysteries of the Rosary by Fulton Sheen
- Praying the Rosary without Distractions from The Rosary Center and Confraternity
- Pray the Rosary Daily from Marian Press
- Quick Meditations on Every Mystery of the Rosary by Ascension Press